Our offices in Zonamerica serve clients who are interested in carrying out business transactions under the free trade zone system, at the different stages of the business cycle:
- Early stages of the project: establishment of a company to operate in free trade areas, presentation of the user contract, preparation of a business plan.
- Project execution: advice on international trade, filing of information required by the National Statistics Institute and the Tax Authority, along with accounting and legal assistance.
We are members of the Uruguayan Chamber of Free Trade Zones.
Advantages of Free Trade Zones
Doing business in Uruguay’s free trade zones has real advantages for firms with industrial, commercial and service activities overseas, such as:
- Tax and fee exemptions
- Customs tariff exemptions for goods and supplies
- Exemption of social security contributions for foreign staff
- Free operation of all kinds of commercial, industrial and service activities
- Free movement of goods and capital
- Supplies and services at international fees
- A legal framework securing these benefits for current and future undertakings